Education at Kialla West commenced in this building in May 1876,built on the corner of the highway and Mitchell Rd.
The government constructed this replacement building in 1877.
The present light timber construction (LTC) building was opened in 1965.Originally a one room building, it has been extended to the current four classrooms.
Since 2000 the school has undergone many developments and changes.It now has two additional portable classrooms with many ground improvement projects undertaken.
In 2001 the Education Department purchased land adjacent to the school which effectively doubled the school block.Much time and effort were spent on developing this land, and the children have planted over 200 trees around the boundary.